cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! jojocript file

Help!!! jojocript file

pashut
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I got malware that hijacked all my files in the dropbox and asks for ransom. It added jojocript to all my file names and asked me to pay in order to get them back.  So I used dropbox rewind option of all the folders. The problem is that on my main folder I have individual files that do not belong to any specific folder so I do not have the rewind option for them. Any ideas how to rewind a specific file? by the way when I try to use version history it does not work and the jojocript malware remains....

3 Replies 3

Re: Help!!! jojocript file

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @pashut, let's see what we can find on this together!

Can I ask for you to check this Help Center article, and reach back to me if you face any issues? 

Keep me updated!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pashut
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I did so and it was helpful. But when I tried single files with version history I could not restore even previous time points seems like the malware is persistent, my device is clear now and I reinstalled dropbox and deleted the previous one. 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @pashut, we should be able to help!

Have you tried contacting our Support Team

I'd suggest trying an incognito window where you're not logged into any account. Once do, feel free to share with me your ticket's ID (this should be an 8 digit number)?

Keep me posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    pashut Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?