cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to open a file - what does this mean

Help to open a file - what does this mean

Spudzie
Explorer | Level 3

I have a particular file that is password protected and the file opens up on other devices when I enter the password but on my iPhone after I enter the password, it comes up with this icon which doesn’t do anything.  This renders the file completely useless which is a big problem because I use it regularly. 
This is what it looks like-        File as it appears on iPhoneFile as it appears on iPhone

Any help here ? Dropbox Chat is useless -doesn’t answer my questions .

3 Replies 3

Re: Help to open a file - what does this mean

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Spudzie, thanks for posting today!

Are you able to preview Numbers files that aren't password-protected via the mobile app?

Does this occur for all password-protected files, or just this one?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Spudzie
Explorer | Level 3

Jay, 

Appreciate your assistance.

I checked other Numbers files and I didn't have a problem opening them. And what is interesting is that I can open access and open the file ( after I enter the file PW) on my laptop and iPad but only my iPhone gives me that undecipherable icon.  I will save the file to an Excel file and see what happens . 

Spudzie
Explorer | Level 3

Since I use this file so often, I have exported it to an Excel file and the problem doesn't exist any longer. Probably something I should have done a while ago. Thanks for your answer.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Spudzie Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?