cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with syncing/ back up and online icon

Help with syncing/ back up and online icon

RichardS13
New member | Level 2

Hello, my daughter was signed into her dropbox account on my computer. This meant that every time I pressed on the icon on my computer, it came up with her account. I 'signed out' of her account or deleted it and signed into mine. At this point, Dropbox asked me if I wanted to sync everything/ back up my files. I pressed 'yes', not fully understanding what this would result in. All the files on my computer suddenly transferred into one Dropbox folder on my desktop. I didn't want this to happen and am confused now that every file is in one folder on my desktop, instead of where I am used to them being. Also when I click on the Dropbox icon, it just takes me to this one file instead of to the Dropbox, interactive online page. When it was signed into my daughters account previously, when I pressed on the icon, it would present a different pop up. Now all that happens is that I am taken to this folder. 

Please help!

1 Reply 1

Re: Help with syncing/ back up and online icon

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @RichardS13, thanks for contacting us!

It sounds like you enabled the automatic computer backup feature in the Dropbox desktop application.

Have you deleted any files yourself from the Dropbox folder or site? Can you see any deleted files on the site?

Are the files still located in the local Dropbox folder?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?