cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with video upload - how can I upload some videos without password protection?

Help with video upload - how can I upload some videos without password protection?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi I have an exam coming up, where I have to upload 4 very short videos to dropbox without password protection. How do I do this? And I only have the free version of dropbox, is that ok or do I need to upgrade. Is it easier on MacBook or iPhone? Help a newbie out please  

5 Replies 5

Re: Help with video upload - how can I upload some videos without password protection?

Dropboxer

Hi there @Reze81, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just so I can have a better idea of what you'd like to do, do you need to just upload the files to your own Dropbox account, so you can share them from there?

Or perhaps someone has sent you a file request link, to upload the files through there?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Help with video upload - how can I upload some videos without password protection?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi here is the exam text: 

"All 4 videos should each be fewer than 100 MB in size, have a minimum resolution of 640x480 and be no longer than 2 minutes in duration. Each video should be uploaded to Youtube, Google Photos/Drive, Vimeo or Dropbox without a password.

You should submit 4 hyperlinks to the 4 uploaded videos in one email sent to Info@........ with the subject 'PTC Technique Exam: [your name]’. "

Dropboxer

Thanks for that info @Reze81!

In this case, I would suggest first uploading the videos to your Dropbox account.

From there, you can create a shared link to the videos, with these steps.

Only Professional and Business accounts have the option to add a password to a shared link, so no need to worry about that either.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much! That was way easier than I thought it would be  

Dropboxer

No problem at all @Reze81!

If you do have any questions, or run into any trouble along the way, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. I'd be happy to help out. :grinning face:

Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?