cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I lost my Files from 3-4 years ago I hope you can restore it for me.

Hi I lost my Files from 3-4 years ago I hope you can restore it for me.

sibu12345
Explorer | Level 3

Context/preamtive: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Randomly-deleted-files-and-folders/m-p/263385#...

I managed to get my backup one way or another. However when I checked my dropbox after such a long while not using my diary/dropbox, I could not find my old dairy backups. Could you help me find it back please. 

Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you soon!

6 Replies 6

Re: Hi I lost my Files from 3-4 years ago I hope you can restore it for me.

Rich
Super User II

@sibu12345 wrote:

However when I checked my dropbox after such a long while not using my diary/dropbox, I could not find my old dairy backups. Could you help me find it back please.

If the files were deleted within the last 30 days, you can try to recover them. Refer to the link below. However, if your account was idel for more than a year, it may have been deleted due to inactivity. In such a case, it's not possible to recover the account or the files it once had in it.

Mark
Super User II

Also to add to what @Rich said, but, previous versions of files will only be available for 30 days after a file was edited. If they've not been edited in that time they will not be available.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sibu12345
Explorer | Level 3

No the issue is that I have not deleted anything in my drop box. The simple matter of the fact was the the files were simply missing for no apparent reason. As you could tell if you bothered reading from the link I sent: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Randomly-deleted-files-and-folders/m-p/263385#...

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

sibu12345
Explorer | Level 3

I did not delete anything in my drop box just to be clear. Files just disappeared for no apparent reason. My question to the Dropbox team is weather they can restore my backup er diary as I described earlier in this post: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Randomly-deleted-files-and-folders/m-p/263385#...

Back then the dropbox team managed to successfully restore my file but right now 4 years down the road, I ain't sure if they are still capable of restoring my data from 4 years ago.

sibu12345
Explorer | Level 3

Okay From what you guys have told me it seems to match; I have been inactive on dropbox for a good 4 years so basically you're telling me no way I can get my backup diary of what I've written in the past do I get that right?

Mark
Super User II

We did read it - but the point and fact remains unless they were deleted within 30 days they are unrecoverable. 

If the account has been removed they are permanently unrecoverable from date of deletion of account.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?