cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, need help, have lost a lot of photos and quite anxious to get them back.

Hi, need help, have lost a lot of photos and quite anxious to get them back.

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,  I have had Dropbox app on my phone  and regularly went in and got photos' from a folder named Yoga.   This was where I  had professional shots of the studio , and tonight I  went in, and suddenly they aren't there.  and I  can't find them.

Please help... !!!!

11 Replies 11

Re: Hi, need help, have lost a lot of photos and quite anxious to get them back.

Mark
Super User II

Have a look at www.dropbox.com/events to see what happened and use https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete to recover if its within the recovery period. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Hi, need help, have lost a lot of photos and quite anxious to get them back.

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,  the above links didn't help.  just took me to some articles about other issues but not mind.....I'm unable to find my folder called Yoga.  please HELP.    I  look forward to hearing back so I  can get these photo's back.

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, can you take a look at your account's 'Shared' tab too @Steve Tibbits? 

If you see the folder listed there, you should be able to add it back to your account through the ellipsis button to the right. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I tried the shared tab I  can't see it there either.   I  really need this folder and the photo's in it to do some website updates.

what can I  do next. ?  or  Could someone from Dropbox step in and help me find it.  ?  It can't have just disappeared surely.

steve

I've lost my folder called Yoga, it just seemed to disappear. Please Help

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I've been trying to retreive my folder called Yoga.  I  need help.  I run a business and need those photos for updating my website...Could someone from Dropbox help me out please.

thanks, steve

Mark
Super User II

The links I gave will show you all files and folders actions on your account - www.dropbox.com/events and what happened to them. You can use that to see where the Yoga one is. 

If you then find they have been removed you can restore them using the link I supplied. 

Also, if you are on the web you can search for file names which may help.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,  I think I'm closer...   I found this on the Events page.....

'You removed your access to the shared folder Yoga' .   Not sure how I  did that ,  but all I  need to know is how do I  get them back ffrom here ?

thanks, we're almost there...

Steve

Mark
Super User II

If its available to rejoin you can do so at https://www.dropbox.com/share/folders

Steve Tibbits
Explorer | Level 3

I  can't see it there ... !!!     Why would it not be still available, this only happened 7 days ago.   I  simply  I'd be spewing if I  can't get it back.  This is kinda stuff is not redoable, it took a lot of effort to get those 150 photo's.  So this is becoming stressful to a part of me now. 

message was 'You removed your access to the shared folder Yoga'   , so how do I get this back ?  There must be a way ???

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?