cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen - instant download option from recent files

Highlighted

Home screen - instant download option from recent files

New member | Level 2

I think this option existed, because I have been using dropbox for quite a few years, and about a week ago I just somehow run into this kind of frustration that I can't download my files from the home tab directly as a routine move. I might have mixed the menu with the files tab (as I have kinda busy days now), but I think I was using it like that. I use several computers at the same time, a Mac at work, a PC at work, a PC at home, phone for social media, laptop connected to 3D printer or at travel. Not all devices I use the app and sync, as Its time consuming to set up what to sync, so the web is handy, just to download something I need quicly. Like what I design on a PC, and want to 3Dprint from an other workstation... there are many many folders, so its very handy to see a summary on the homescreen, and just grab the last few files. But somehow I can't (anymore?). It took a while until I realised I have to click on it, open a seperate page and from the almost hidden (...) sidebar menu there is the download option... Then if I press back on the browser, of course DB home does not reload... I wonder if there could be a dedicated icon, or an option in the dropdown menu, do save files directly from the home screen - it would utilize its summary features to take actions immediately once I can share and connect with apps - I dont need those feature that often, not sure about others.
Even when I access the file from home screen there was a dedicated dowload button, now its hidden in a low priority menu, like it was a side feature. 
Thanks in advance taking it to consideration.
Best,

Andras

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Home screen - instant download option from recent files

Dropboxer

Hi @Pircho, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Out of curiosity, do you remember the last time you saw this? Were you using a specific browser by any chance?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?