cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Stop the "Online-Only Files" Deletion Warning?

How Do I Stop the "Online-Only Files" Deletion Warning?

praetorian75
New member | Level 2

Nearly every time I delete a folder (which is often), I get a popup asking for confirmation.

"This folder will be deleted from your DropBox account.

Because it has online-only files, it won't be moved to your Recycle Bin, but recently deleted files can be restored on dropbox.com."

I never want to see this dialog again.

How can I make that happen?

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello @praetorian75, thanks for reaching out to us here!

At the moment, there isn't an option to disable this notification when deleting "online only" files I'm afraid. 

I understand that this would be a useful feature for you though with your workflow, so thanks for sharing your feedback on this with us here. 

While I can't suggest a way to disable this notification, you can share this as a request in our dedicated area of the forum here. Others will be able to show their support by upvoting the idea too.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but don't hesitate to get back to me here if you have any other questions or feedback.

Wishing you a great start to your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fcktsht
Helpful | Level 6

I see it's been over a year since this was brought up but this issue still hasn't been addressed. The delete prompt is infuriatingly obnoxious and can't be difficult to turn off. What gives?

BigOldBumpyPickles
New member | Level 2

Is this on a computer and is it a separate window popup? There are ways of restricting a popup but if it's a part of the application I don't know as much. Kinda cool that the staff is so responsive, dropbox honestly seems like a cool place to work lol

Edit: Cool username. Noiceeee!

fcktsht
Helpful | Level 6

Windows computer, and it's a popup from the dropbox app. I shouldn't need to find a workaround. There should be a checkbox that says, "Don't remind me again," or something similar, just like every other app has done with alerts for decades.

andtsad
New member | Level 2

When willl this be resolved?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

andtsad New member | Level 2
    fcktsht Helpful | Level 6
    BigOldBumpyPickles New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?