cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can re-upload 35 GB files? When uploading before, it failed part way through.

Highlighted

How I can re-upload 35 GB files? When uploading before, it failed part way through.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm uploading 35GB files, and before its uploading, something went wrong, how can I re-upload it without starting from the beginning? 

my Internet is slow, and it takes me 24 hours to upload that fikes, so I cant start from the begging, there is any help pls?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How I can re-upload 35 GB files? When uploading before, it failed part way through.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @AymanDamarany, I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with this!

If you're uploading files through the website, then I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to continue the upload from where it failed.

Since your connection is slow, I would recommend uploading in smaller batches is possible. For example, uploading subfolders.

If you'd like to check how much was uploaded, you can use these steps to show the folder size on the website. You can compare this with the actual folder sizes of the content that you're uploading.

Otherwise, I can suggest using the desktop app instead. Since your connection is slow, that might be the better option as the sync would be able to continue from where it stopped, rather than having to restart the upload.

You can find out more info about the desktop app here if you'd like to check it out.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?