cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: file name limitations

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, this is kind of embarasing, but is there any new info about this ticket?

It has been more than a month after the ticket was created...

Are you able to provide an eta?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @DavidTeal. We are aware this issue has not been resolved and we are working on it. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide an eta, but thank you for getting back to us and for being patient with this syncing issue. 

We will get back to you personally in your ticket and in this Community thread, when we have updates on the matter. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this. 

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Bad Files check is broken for me, it freezes the computer and causes my browser to use max ram (16gb) and 50% CPU. While showing just a blank page. Trying to manually go through the files my coworkers upload that need to be renamed is just not feasable. Attempting to search via the online Dropbox doesnt find files if I put any of the Following:

* . " / \ [ ] : ; | ,.

is there any feasable solution?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

'I've got the same problem here.

Mac. Dropbox isn't syncing. Browsers crashes.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox is aware of the issue with the Bad Files Check. There is no resolution yet.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

Any news? The bad_file_check is still broken.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. The Bad File Check page causes any browser I use to hang – it's clearly not working. I also can't see a way to identify the 37 files that my Dropbox account has been syncing for the past two weeks. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

For those who are still waiting for a response. I have created a small utility on GitHub that performs a bad file check trough the Dropbox API.

https://github.com/davidcruy/bad-files-check

The readme contains some information on how you can request a Bearer token to get it working.

It is open source so you can verify that the tool does not do anything shady.

For me it temprorary solved my problem until Dropbox team has time to fix this issue.

I hope this helps...

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi David and Dahpne,

i am having the same problem accessing the bad file check utility and we are now unable to continue synching for the past week.  we have tried multiple locations, browsers, mac, pc platforms and nothing works.  We have had this issue in the past and have just brushed it off but now we see that we can no longer avoid it.

i read the current post and am wondering if the issue was resolved for David and how we go about finding these bad files now

thank you so much for everyones input on this , i am sure something will unjam

Slyvie

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?