cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clear out my deleted files quickly?

How can I clear out my deleted files quickly?

lucianolarosa
New member | Level 2

Regards. I want to empty my dropbox trash, how can I do it quickly?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Hello @lucianolarosa !

To permanently delete files on your Dropbox Account follow the below steps:

1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files and sign-in
  2. Then hover over the left hand side of each document/file and click on the box
  3. After you have selected the files you want to permanently delete, click the button that says "Permanently Delete"
  4. Done! Your files have been deleted from your Dropbox Account

I hope this helps!

Terry M
New member | Level 2

This method is not quick if you have dozens, or hundreds of files to delete. How can we select all files in the "deleted files" folder?

Mark
Super User II

There is no 'deleted folder' on Dropbox so there is not a quick way to do this. You can click the box at the top of the screen just above the first folders / files name at the left side. However that will also select all files and folders NOT deleted. 

They do, however, auto clear themselves (30 days if free) and do not use up quota, so, I'd not worry TOO much about deleting them. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

grrrrrr
New member | Level 2

This doesn't help if your box is full of garbage and you can't update any files until they're removed. I only get that stupid "buy more space" notice. This is such a mafia ploy I will NEVER pay one cent to Dropbox. Using onedrive from now on.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

grrrrrr New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Terry M New member | Level 2
    anonymous Not applicable
What do Dropbox user levels mean?