cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I confirm that a file has been successfully uploaded?

How can I confirm that a file has been successfully uploaded?

Dkuzla
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to upload the same file for the last hour now. Uploaded to a recipient’s Dropbox, never got confirmation it was a successful upload. Tried just uploading it to my Dropbox and sharing from there, also never got confirmation the upload was successful. And the file’s not there. Do confirmations exist? What am I missing? Am I supposed to just wait til my laptop falls asleep?

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dkuzla; how are you today?

If, on one hand, you're using the website to upload files, you should be getting a message to inform you about the successful upload on your screen. 

If, on the other hand, you're using the desktop app and copying or moving files into your Dropbox folder, you should check its status as shown within your computer's system tray/menu bar. Once you're fully synced, it should show 'Up to date'.

Let me know if this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sml14
New member | Level 2
Hi, I was attempting to upload some files to a shared folder however the upload was taking too long, I did attempt a few times however shut it each time because of how long it was taking. I then compressed the files and tried again and it worked. I then however received emails from dropbox saying all the previous attempts had been uploaded also despite me closing the windows and not waiting. Please can anyone confirm if all uploads will have gone through? Or just the final one which actually fully uploaded and I waited until it had all gone through. Thanks in advance!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sml14, thanks for posting today! 

Can you take a look into Walter's reply here

If I were you, I'd also take a look at the Events page.

The Events page gives you an overview of all activity in your account, including file events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

Let me know what you find. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Sml14 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?