cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a shortcut on my laptop?

How can I create a shortcut on my laptop?

babs28
New member | Level 2

how do I create a shortcut for certain files on my laptop?

6 Replies 6

JustinBgood
New member | Level 2

Usually, just right click and from the menu select "Create Shortcut" with most systems it will create the shortcut on your desktop.

JustinBgood
New member | Level 2

actually it creates it in the same folder but you just drag n drop it to where you want the shortcut

babs28
New member | Level 2

thanks JustinBgood, but neither suggestion worked... I dont get the 'create a shortcut' option, and if I copy the link it does not paste in the laptop folder.

JustinBgood
New member | Level 2

Ok, perhaps saying where you are trying to create the shortcut to and from may help?

I'm not techy myself but it might help someone who is to work out how to solve it.

geekykatt
New member | Level 2

files in my dropbox to a shortcut on the desktop. I update my weight and sugar everyday and I used to have a shortcut that stayed up tp date even from laptop.

kendalspooner
New member | Level 2

I am also trying to create a shortcut from a file in Dropbox so that I have the file on my desktop. How do I do this on Macbook?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kendalspooner New member | Level 2
    geekykatt New member | Level 2
    JustinBgood New member | Level 2
    babs28 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?