cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a file on the website?

Highlighted

How can I delete a file on the website?

New member | Level 2

Sorry for my poor english.

Very good Dropbox  (my language is italian) ! But, when I enter Dropbox (there is Homepage top left), there is the name of a my text file I loaded some years ago; to the right there are NOT the ... (I mean 'three points'), so I cannot delete the text file; I have other files .zip and directories (I respect my limite of 2 GB) and the symbol ... there is to the right of each name.

Under "Homepage" there is "File" (no clic if I put the mouse over the writing).

Under "File" there is "Tutti i file"  (english "All the files"); if I clic on it, the screen changes (top center there is written "Panoramica", "Overview") and... there is not the name of the text file  (there are the others and each haves the ...).

Help needed ! Thank you all in advance,

ScalaAccaZero

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How can I delete a file on the website?

Dropboxer

Hi @ScalaAccaZero; welcome to our Community!

As a first step, could you try clearing your browser's cache, try an incognito window and/or another browser and let me know if you still have issues with deleting the file in question?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?