cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete files from Dropbox?

How can I delete files from Dropbox?

New member | Level 2

hi,

i uploaded files so my husband and i can share them (kid pics) but now that we have sorted out what we each want, i want to permanently delete the folder but the message i'm seeing says it will delete everywhere?  i'm confused - it will delete from my personal local hard drive????  i put on my local hard drive what i want, and now i want to delete it from dropbox.  maybe i'm not using it the way it was intended?  for me it's a place to temporarily sort and manipulate, then things so back where they belong, which is on my hard drive.  i'm a luddite - no cloud for me.

thanks,

kathy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I delete files from Dropbox?

Super User II

Delete Everywhere means delete it from the Dropbox folder on every computer that you have linked to your account. It won't (and can't) delete the files from other locations outside of the Dropbox folder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Super User II

Delete Everywhere means delete it from the Dropbox folder on every computer that you have linked to your account. It won't (and can't) delete the files from other locations outside of the Dropbox folder.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

I cant clean out my drop box . When I try to follow instructions things don't work

New member | Level 2

Thanks

New member | Level 2

Dear Sir,

I dont think you understand my message,

I can't gain access to my account what is wrong .

I am saying I cant get into my DROPBOX and your answer is a little off line my friend.

Please fix the problem for me.

Dropboxer

Hi @David McKenzie, I'm sorry to hear about this matter.

If you're not able to login to your account, can you try resetting the password for your account to see if this helps?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?