cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I download a large folder to my machine?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi

I use Dropbox Plus (2 TB)

I make daily backups of various partitions with Acronis True Image. An image with about 350 GB (1 folder with about 12 files) I synchronize regularly with Dropbox, so that I can restore these partitions if my computer stops working. I need to download the image back to a hard drive so that Acronis can perform the recovery. How can I download or otherwise transfer this folder to my (or another) computer?

Thanks and regards

Walt Gallus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Download large folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Walter L.5, thanks for joining the Community!

Since the folder is too large to download normally via the web interface, you’d need to do this using the Dropbox desktop application.

When you install the app, you can use selective sync to prevent any unnecessary folders from syncing, and just let the folder with the hard drive image sync. After the sync is complete, if need be, you can disconnect the Dropbox desktop application from that computer.

Hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Walter L.5, thanks for joining the Community!

Since the folder is too large to download normally via the web interface, you’d need to do this using the Dropbox desktop application.

When you install the app, you can use selective sync to prevent any unnecessary folders from syncing, and just let the folder with the hard drive image sync. After the sync is complete, if need be, you can disconnect the Dropbox desktop application from that computer.

Hope this info helps!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay

Thanks very much for your detailes and helpful support. I already have the desktop app installes, but did not know about selective sync. This will solve y problem.

Regards

Walt Gallus

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad to hear this will help out, @Walter L.5.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?