cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I download all my files back to my computer at once?

How can I download all my files back to my computer at once?

LULI123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, since I cancelled my membership I would like to download all my stuff back to my computer. How can I do this all at once? ( like copying a folder or drag and drop)

I really hope I dont have to do this file by file. Sorry no clue ..

thank you and greetings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @LULI123,

If you have a lot of data then the easiest way might be to use the desktop app to sync all your data to your computer. 

Otherwise, through the website you download folders with 20 GB or less within them or with fewer than 10,000 total files. You can find the steps to download folders from the website from hereIf you have a lot of smaller folders then you could move them all into one folder and download the one folder.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @LULI123,

If you have a lot of data then the easiest way might be to use the desktop app to sync all your data to your computer. 

Otherwise, through the website you download folders with 20 GB or less within them or with fewer than 10,000 total files. You can find the steps to download folders from the website from hereIf you have a lot of smaller folders then you could move them all into one folder and download the one folder.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LULI123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Daphne, I think I got it.Kind regards! Luli

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LULI123, sorry for the late reply here!

I'm glad to hear that this info helped you with what you needed to do. If there is anything else that I can assist you with, then don't hesitate to reach back out to me here.

Hope you have a good week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Warzaz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am also trying to download larger files from Dropbox to my laptop (Lenovo with Windows 10). When I do so, it attempts to zip the folder but fails and stops

@Daphne wrote:

Hi there @LULI123,

. No feedback is given, so I have no idea why it's failing. I also installed the Dropbox app in my computer, but so far I cannot find the physical location on my computer where the synced files are stored. Please help. Thank you. Michael

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Warzaz, thanks for joining the topic!

If you're having issues with downloading via the website, can you try using another web browser or incognito window to see if there's any difference in the behaviour?

Since you've mentioned downloading the desktop app though, the default location should be under your user profile. Eg. C:\[Username]\Dropbox

If you can't locate this though, can you just clarify for me if you downloaded the desktop app from our website or through the Microsoft store?

Let me know!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

voomero
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I sync all of Dropbox to my computer using the desktop app?  I am not seeing that option within the desktop app.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @voomero, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

The desktop app downloads all of your Dropbox files to your computer from the moment you install it.

The only items that don't sync are any folders you choose to selectively sync

If you have any trouble along the way, just give us another shout and we'll do our best to help. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?