cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find my lost files from my 2T account that I just closed

Highlighted

How can I find my lost files from my 2T account that I just closed

Helpful | Level 5

I  decided to close my 2T paid plan and have spent the past several weeks downloading its contents [if they wre not already saved on my drive] - all went well as far as I could tell and everything seemed to come in just fine == but I just went to open up one of the Zip files and when I double clicked on it [Mac, Mojave OS] it says "Unabel to expand into Documents [Error 2 - no such file or directory]" - then I opened Stuffit Expander and tried again.  It says "Expansion Failed = The structure of the archive is damaged" -- it's a 9.93GB folder == any ideas or suggestions?

Better yet = I thought I would try again [renewal isn't until August] but I now only have my Personal DB and don't know where to find myt 2T DB in order to download again. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I find my lost files from my 2T account that I just closed

Helpful | Level 5

How wierd is this =- I decided to use Unarchiver app which is, apparently, Windows - I have Parallels and Win10 -- it was able to open the folder!!   So I was able to get everything I needed.

I have no idea why this zip file would not open using Mac unarchiving apps, and am a bit upset it forces a Windows opening [I only got Parallels/Windows 2-3 weeks ago for another purpose] - but the deed is done.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How can I find my lost files from my 2T account that I just closed

Helpful | Level 5

How wierd is this =- I decided to use Unarchiver app which is, apparently, Windows - I have Parallels and Win10 -- it was able to open the folder!!   So I was able to get everything I needed.

I have no idea why this zip file would not open using Mac unarchiving apps, and am a bit upset it forces a Windows opening [I only got Parallels/Windows 2-3 weeks ago for another purpose] - but the deed is done.  

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?