cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I freeze panes in Dropbox as I do on Excel?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, does anyone know how to Freeze Panes in Dropbox? On my Mac version of Excel it's through the View tab. Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Freeze Panes

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @ams2458 - how are you today?

Could you please clarify if you're referring to Paper's tables and an option to freeze panes within those? If that's indeed the case, this is not possible at the moment; I'll make sure to pass your suggestion to the team though. 

If you were referring to Excel Online, the functionality should be the same as in your native Excel application where you're able to do this from the 'View Tab' and clicking on the 'Freeze panes' option. 

It goes without saying that if you're working on files within your Dropbox Folder natively on your Mac, you'd get prompted to edit them with Excel in the first place (or your preferred software) and see the same options as opening any other files from your computer (as your Dropbox Folder is a normal folder on your computer only with syncing capabilities). 

I hope this helped to some extent and please let me know if you have any questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?