cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share permission report

How can I generate a report for shared files/folders in a Dropbox for Business team?

ScruffyDan
Helpful | Level 5

I am looking to generate a report on every single shared file ands folder in our Dropbox for Business environment and who has access.

Ideally I would generate a CSV where each share would be in a column and each user who has access would be in a second column.

What is the best way of generating such a report?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ScruffyDan; thanks for reaching out!

Assuming that you're a team admin, you'll be able to generate such a report through your Admin Console under the Activity tab.

Since you'd like to get a high-level picture of your team's sharing activity, you should check out the admin dashboard as it provides overall usage stats, such as the number of shared links created and the number of active shared folders. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions Dan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9

To use Activity for this isn't a great solution. What @ScruffyDan is looking for is a simple report that shows all shared stuff in the entire Dropbox.

I would love this feature as well, and it makes perfect sense to be able to get this report to ensure that you don't share the wrong stuff to wrong people.

ScruffyDan
Helpful | Level 5

@Walter The Activity tab is not usefull for this. The activity tab is usefull as a log to monitor changes, but useless to get the current state of your environment.

We need a proper reporting tool for Dropbox so we can generate these types of reports. They are very important for secrurity audits to ensure nothing is shared innapropriately

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi there @Walter , any news about this?

I have a few customers that has put this question on their "Must have" list instead of "Nice to have" list.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @TonyEnglund and @ScruffyDan, thanks for nudging us here!

I just wanted to mention that if you'd like, you can post this as a feature you'd like to see implemented in the future, here, where other users can comment and upvote. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions for us, just give us another nudge. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?