cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I generate a report for shared files/folders in a Dropbox for Business team?

Explorer | Level 3

I am looking to generate a report on every single shared file ands folder in our Dropbox for Business environment and who has access.

Ideally I would generate a CSV where each share would be in a column and each user who has access would be in a second column.

What is the best way of generating such a report?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Share permission report

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ScruffyDan; thanks for reaching out!

Assuming that you're a team admin, you'll be able to generate such a report through your Admin Console under the Activity tab.

Since you'd like to get a high-level picture of your team's sharing activity, you should check out the admin dashboard as it provides overall usage stats, such as the number of shared links created and the number of active shared folders. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions Dan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

To use Activity for this isn't a great solution. What @ScruffyDan is looking for is a simple report that shows all shared stuff in the entire Dropbox.

I would love this feature as well, and it makes perfect sense to be able to get this report to ensure that you don't share the wrong stuff to wrong people.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Walter The Activity tab is not usefull for this. The activity tab is usefull as a log to monitor changes, but useless to get the current state of your environment.

We need a proper reporting tool for Dropbox so we can generate these types of reports. They are very important for secrurity audits to ensure nothing is shared innapropriately

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi there @Walter , any news about this?

I have a few customers that has put this question on their "Must have" list instead of "Nice to have" list.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @TonyEnglund and @ScruffyDan, thanks for nudging us here!

I just wanted to mention that if you'd like, you can post this as a feature you'd like to see implemented in the future, here, where other users can comment and upvote. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions for us, just give us another nudge. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?