cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper desktop app?

How can I get the Paper desktop app?

mcrpanda
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I found this setting under Settings- Connected apps, but where can I get the Paper desktop app?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 15.26.17.png

66 Replies 66

sgeek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It has now been a year and a half...  Any updates?  Is this app ever finally going to come out (or even advance into open beta)?  Paper was a huge part of why I upgraded and I am still stuckk on the "old" version and there is *still* no progress on the app...  :slight_frown:

ag80
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It's starting to look like Paper for desktop will be one of those apps that remains in private beta until it's dropped completely and never released. I didn't think Notes would be the app I missed the most after ditching Apple and returning to Windows. I'm amazed there is no decent equivalent.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, thanks for nudging us on this thread.

We're continuing to explore how to best bring Paper to desktop but don't currently have a set time for when the paper desktop app will go live for all customers.

Thanks for your interest!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

grant
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I use the same Dropbox account on two different macs, but only one has the paper app, the other computer opens the .paper files in a web browser.

How can it get the paper app on both machines?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Grant, thanks for posting here today!

On the Mac that you want to install the app on, can you open a Paper doc online and then click the "?" icon in the bottom right of the page? From there, do you see the option to install the desktop app?

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

grant
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks D,

I don't see that option. See attached screen shot.

Grant

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.43.11 am.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that @Grant!

I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team to have a better look into this with you. To do so, you can check out your Support options here.

You can let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) you get if you'd like to so that I can pass along the info you provided here already.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

bilalh
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Please release Paper Mac desktop app or share it with business profiles... we have more than 40 users on dropbox, depend highly on paper, and would love to have it as a standalone desktop app rather than having to open a browser each time! 

appreciate it!

trungnghiatn
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi.

How could you join the beta? Is it fine if you share the beta software to me, please?

Thanks.

Remco D.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Any update here? I am hearing this closed beta story since 2019. The most annoying is that the web interface suggests there *is* an app, every document I hopen in the browser suggests it's trying to open it in the app and the button at the top of the documents as well.

Need more support?