cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper desktop app?

How can I get the Paper desktop app?

mcrpanda
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I found this setting under Settings- Connected apps, but where can I get the Paper desktop app?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 15.26.17.png

66 Replies 66

killeraesthetic
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is it still underway? I run my whole business through Paper so can't wait for a desktop app!!

grant
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It exists. I have it. It seems to be still in beta, but works. 

It's pretty good. When you create a new doc it just automatically saves it to a default folder. And if you want to save it to a specific dropbox folder you can just move it either via the browser interface or finder. It can then be opened either from Dropbox Paper App or from finder.

The issues that have stopped me using it are that it's slow to open. It takes a few moments for the text to appear where as apple notes is instant. Also, and more of a nuance, the first line of text starts horizontally centred, rather than at the top of the page. 

I'm not sure how to install it. It was just there one day. 

All the best @killeraesthetic 

Grant

MMartin1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can't believe this is still in "beta", is this something that is going to be released? I'm a new business user, and we are considering significant use of paper, but we will likely go to another tool if we can't get desktop apps. Is there anyway to get into the beta? I mean after a year, you should allow people who are really interested to get the software.

Lamar
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@grant I'm curious what it looks like! Would you consider posting a screenshot?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It isnt possible to download any more as it is now built in to the new Paper 2020: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper/paper-2020-faqs

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MMartin1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So essentially Dropbox has decided that paper will be 100% browser based except for iPhone and iPad? If so that's lame, only being able to work in a browser.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@MMartin1 

Seems that way .... and I'm the same as you if I'm honest I dont like things cluttering it my already chaotic browser window!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MMartin1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Kind of baffling to be honest, there is are iPhone and iPad apps that aren't half bad, you can see your to dos, all your paper docs, etc. I would think it would be really easy to make the iPad app into a native Mac app. I'm struggling with Dropbox a bit with this because even the Dropbox desktop app, just opens everything in browsers and I find it a bit cluttered with files, documents and paper all mixed together. I'm sure there is a better design. 

Just imagine if .paper files were actually just markdown files and you could open them in markdown editors as well, that would be super powerful. 

ag80
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
That's very disappointing. If Paper is going browser based for desktop I have no interest iin using it and will continue my search for a decent notes app

grant
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox Paper App.jpg

Need more support?