cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the Paper desktop app?

How can I get the Paper desktop app?

mcrpanda
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I found this setting under Settings- Connected apps, but where can I get the Paper desktop app?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 15.26.17.png

66 Replies 66

Fipo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks @Daphne for getting back to me so quickly.

I didn't want to pester them, but I'll try to ask the Paper team directly. Maybe I'm lucky.

Cheers, 
Philipp

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Fipo,

Sorry that I couldn’t be of much help with this, but I’m hoping for the best for you!  :grin:

Feel free to let us know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

anvdasa1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @Daphne for trying your best.

I did had the option for trying closed beta few weeks back but suddenly it got disappeared.

That would be great idea on getting in touch with Paper team. Hey @Fipo if you get lucky with invite, do hook me up too ðŸ˜Š

Thanks and Have a happy holiday!

jaloyuro
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi.. i do not see any popup at all when i go into this website

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jaloyuro,

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to there, can you please provide me a little more detail? Such as where you are located on the website where you expect a popup.

Any relevant screenshots are always appreciated - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

davidserati
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to be part of the beta in order to test the desktop app of Paper.

How can I do to have this possibility? 

Best,

David

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @davidserati,

I've moved your post to this thread as other users are also requesting this feature.

Currently, our team is experimenting with new features to provide users the best experience on this. We'll make sure to let you know as soon as there's an update. 

Thank you for voicing your interest in this feature and don't hesitate to give us a nudge if you have any other questions! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

HammerOz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

You can also create a shortcut in Chrome or Brave. Click the right dot menu, more tools, create shortcut, open as window. This will open paper as an app and you can more the app to your applications folder or desktop or dock on mac. 

CarlyStan
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've seen the previous posts about the Dropbox Paper desktop app in a closed beta.  As an avid user of Paper, I'm curious: is there an expected release date or open beta period for the app?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @CarlyStan - thanks for contributing to our Community and showing your interest in the Dropbox Paper desktop app.

I don't have any information to disclose at the moment but I'll make sure to circle back here with an update once I have something concrete to share. 

Thanks for using Paper and have a lovely day!

PS: I moved your post under the relevant thread so as to keep all the feedback we get about the Paper desktop app under one place. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AndrewK Explorer | Level 4
    trungnghiatn Helpful | Level 5
    MMartin1 Helpful | Level 6
    Lamar Helpful | Level 6
    killeraesthetic Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?