cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: syncing folders

Highlighted

How can I make files Smart Synced faster than going through each one?

Explorer | Level 4

I am just starting to use Smart Sync. I click on a folder I want to put in Smart Sync, then Control-click and choose Smart Sync--Online only. But while the FOLDER says "smart sync" the individual FILES say neither Local nor SmartSync (when control-clicking).

Do I have to choose each individual file in each individual folder to move to SmartSync, or is there a way to just choose the folder?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @KCtx

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! I'd be more than happy to help. 

You should be able to make a whole folder online-only or local by right clicking and selecting the Smart Sync option as well, instead of choosing each file separately. 

However, could you please clarify what you see when you mention that you don't see a Smart Sync option for the folder? A screenshot (without any personal info) of this would be very helpful.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @KCtx

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! I'd be more than happy to help. 

You should be able to make a whole folder online-only or local by right clicking and selecting the Smart Sync option as well, instead of choosing each file separately. 

However, could you please clarify what you see when you mention that you don't see a Smart Sync option for the folder? A screenshot (without any personal info) of this would be very helpful.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Whoa! Sorry I missed this answer! I figured out that if I click the Mac popup, it'll get me to the DB menu.

Thank you so much.

Again,, my apologies.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

No worries, @KCtx

Glad to hear that you've been able to resolve your concern. 

If you have any other questions for us, just give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?