cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes in files same time in Dropbox as on HD

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

yes as long as Dropbox is installed on your desktop and you're signed in, it will sync everything in your online dropbox to your HD.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Thanks, I'm gonna try
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@JohanT wrote:

So, when I make changes in a file in dropbox and I save it, the same changes are made in the same file on HD?

To be clear...

If you edit a file within your Dropbox folder and you have a copy of the same file located elsewhere on your computer, the copy WILL NOT be updated when you edit the one within Dropbox. That's not what Dropbox does.

Files you edit within the Dropbox folder on your computer are uplaoded to your Dropbox account online, and synced to any other computers linked to your account.

Files you expect to sync to your account online must be located in the Dropbox folder. Remember, the expectation is that you MOVE files into the Dropbox folder. The Dropbox folder becomes their new home.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?