cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move multiple files using the Dropbox site?

How can I move multiple files using the Dropbox site?

jrockel
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm sorry, but I put this in the wrong thread. I have been looking for a solution to moving multiple files on the web app. I'm not using a phone or a tablet, just a web interface. When I sellect multiple files, the ellipses change to eyes for viewing the files (which makes no sense when multiple files are selected). I feel really dumb. Multi file selection.png

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Mirage075, if you're moving files through the web and it's taking a long time to complete, could you check if you get the same experience if you do this from another browser?

Also, have a look at this article which mentions a few ways to tackle high CPU/RAM usage. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mirage075
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil@Daphne 

I'm assuming your answer was meant for me as I'm the one with the CPU / speed issue.

Once again I would like to point out that ALL I'm doing is ONLINE, not on my own computer. The files are 100% in the cloud and 0% on my own harddrive. 

I've now also tried it with Safari (before I tried with Chrome) and it's not better. Attached a screenshot of the activity monitor while scrolling to my camera uploads folder.. As soon as I start doing this the fan on my computer comes on and it won't stop until I close the browser window.

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 20.59.26.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional screenshot, @Mirage075.

Could you have a look at this page to see your options for contacting out Support team?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Mirage075 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?