cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I re-sync a folder I un-synced through the selective sync feature on the desktop app?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

MacOS 10.15.4

Dropbox Plus

Using selective sync, I stopped keeping local copies of a shared folder. After creating a new sub-folder inside that shared folder via Dropbox.com (in a web browser), I can't figure out how to make it show up in the Finder in order to turn on selective sync for that folder and have a local copy on this machine. The shared folder (and all of the folders for which I turned off syncing) are visible neither in the Finder Dropbox folder nor in the Dropbox app view. I can only see them at Dropbox.com. I tried searching for this problem on the forums but couldn't figure it out. Grateful for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I re-sync a folder I un-synced through the selective sync feature on the desktop app?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @amocantare; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

Selective Sync is a feature that allows you to choose which folders to sync to a particular computer and it's a great option if you'd like to free up disk space.

When you decide that you need any of the deselected folders back on your computer, you can go into your Selective Sync settings through the app's preferences and check the box next to the folder's name. Dropbox will then sync the updated folder to your computer again.

Let me know if this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: How can I re-sync a folder I un-synced through the selective sync feature on the desktop app?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @amocantare; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

Selective Sync is a feature that allows you to choose which folders to sync to a particular computer and it's a great option if you'd like to free up disk space.

When you decide that you need any of the deselected folders back on your computer, you can go into your Selective Sync settings through the app's preferences and check the box next to the folder's name. Dropbox will then sync the updated folder to your computer again.

Let me know if this helps!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

That's exactly what I needed! Thanks so much, Walter.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @amocantare; I'm glad to hear it's sorted now!

Take care and see you around the Community 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?