Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I receive files directly into my Dropbox account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Here is the situation:
I am starting a marketplace where vendors can upload their digital art and sell it via my website. The issue is, the space on my web hosting plan will not come close to the needed space. 

I would like the vendors to be able to upload directly to a predetermained folder on my Dropbox Business account. I know something like this can be done, but I am having trouble figuring out how to do it.

I am using OpenCart 3.0.2.0 as my shopping cart software.

Please help!!!

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox in Opencart

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @ZHpike0478, thanks for reaching out to us!

The easiest way that you can receive files into specific folders within your Dropbox account would be through File requests.

I believe for your usage this would work best as you don't need to have a Dropbox account to upload to a File request link, so it would work nicely for your recipients and you.

You can even embed the link within your website and multiple users can use the same link. They won't be able to see what's already been uploaded, only what they're uploading at the time.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox in Opencart

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Would that work for the vendors uploading directly to the dropbox folder from their vendor dashboard?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?