cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I recover Trash Files?

How can I recover Trash Files?

New member | Level 2

Hi Community,

My name is Marion and I am a user adropbox. Recently I trashed some files with the name of trampolineware. Now I want to recover becasue these files consist of important data, please guide me how can I recover trashed files and data. Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Re: How can I recover Trash Files?

Dropboxer

Hey @MarionKring, I'd be happy to help!

Generally, you can recover deleted files within your restoration window, by following these steps

Could you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: How can I recover Trash Files?

Collaborator | Level 8

@MarionKring wrote:

Hi Community,

My name is Marion and I am a user adropbox. Recently I trashed some files with the name of trampolineware. Now I want to recover becasue these files consist of important data, please guide me how can I recover trashed files and data. Thanks 

Yes, you can restore your deleted files from Dropbox. To do so you can click File in the left sidebar > click deleted files > Click on your multiple files by click checkbox icon > Click Restore.

One more option is backup of your pc, here I mean if you have taken backup of your files in another hard drive you can retrieve from their also. An alternative solution you can try any free utility programs like recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, testdisk etc. These programs can recover accidentally deleted data, formatted hard drive data, lost data efficiently. Thanks

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?