Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I recover unsynced files?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there.

Is there any way to recover files that have not synced to my online Dropbox account? I thought I had backed up all documents on my laptop to Dropbox last Saturday; on Sunday, my computer experienced hard drive failure. When I checked my online Dropbox account on my iPad, the relevant files there were out of date. My laptop is now completely out of action (and with a Mac repair shop). Is there any chance I can recover the update from Sunday without accessing my hard drive? Or has all that data been lost?

I’d be grateful for any help you can offer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Recover Unsynced Files

Super User II
Super User II

Since the files were never synced to Dropbox, there's no way for Dropbox to recover them. You'll need to look to other recovery methods when you get the laptop back.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Since the files were never synced to Dropbox, there's no way for Dropbox to recover them. You'll need to look to other recovery methods when you get the laptop back.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks. I appreciate you confirming this.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?