cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove/delete all files from a dropbox folder automatically every midnight ?

How can I remove/delete all files from a dropbox folder automatically every midnight ?

lyza3
Explorer | Level 4

Hi DB Team,

I am using dropbox folders temporarily to upload videos to youtube.

I need to clean/delete files from Dropbox files after I upload them to youtube since I don't need them anymore and to free up space in Dropbox.

1. Do you have a setting where we can set time to delete files? ex: every day, every Monday at 23:59

2. Do you have a cron job/automation/bot/software that will clean folders for example at 23:59 every day?
3. Do you know any other third party app/software/bot that can automatically delete files?
4. Do you have Dropbox file delete API  ?
5. What other options you can suggest to solve the above problem?

Thanks & looking forward to hearing from you ASAP

Cheers,
Dropboxer

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I remove/delete all files from a dropbox folder automatically every midnight ?

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @lyza3, thanks for joining our Community!

I'm afraid what you'd like to do is currently not possible with the Dropbox application. 

But you're more than welcome to post it as a feature request on our idea board for others to up-vote.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?