cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restore a file I thought I had uploaded on my account

Highlighted

How can I restore a file I thought I had uploaded on my account

New member | Level 2

Good afternoon, dear sirs!

Almost a month ago I uploaded a photo from my old phone and synced it via the DropBox App (Android).
Before deleting the photo from the phone, I double-checked whether they were synchronized, tried to open it - everything worked, there was no damage, the application confirmed the upload.
Yesterday, when I logged into my account, I did not find the necessary folder with photos. Since I had problems with disk space, I deleted unnecessary files - but I  still could not find my photos. In this regard, I have several questions:
1.Is it possible to track the download history in your account (perhaps you can do this);
2. is it possible to find my folder with photos;
3. How is it possible that the Android application showed Successful synchronization, but in fact the files were not uploaded to the cloud?

Looking forward to your answer,

Sviatlana

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: restore of files

Dropboxer

Hello there @lsp2891, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

You can find changes made to content in your account from you events page.

For this reason, you might be able to find more information regarding the folder you're looking for from there as well. 

You can manually search for it in case it's in a different location from the one you remember. 

If you can't find it, have a look at your deleted files tab, to make sure that we cover as much initial ground as possible. 

If you reach a dead-end, it could be that the file was saved in a different Dropbox account. 

You can make sure of this by checking the email address associated with your Dropbox account from:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Mobile app - Settings (Android).

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?