cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see a specific folder's activity on my account?

How can I see a specific folder's activity on my account?

jrae
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi- I am trying to see the activity on a folder in dropbox. Whats the best way to go about that? Or is this something only admins can do?

14 Replies 14

kazzaroni
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi! 

I do not seem to have that arrow? Or "activities" option on my account... is it only available in the upgraded version? 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kazzaroni, let me rephrase from the previous page that the option to see team Activity is only available to Dropbox for Business admins, whereas you should be able to view File Activity as you’re signed in on your account online & you’re viewing your file (or files) on the preview pane. 

If you’re missing either, whereas you think that you should have been granted access, could you include a screenshot (without personal info) in your next post showing me your current view if possible? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

kazzaroni
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 3.06.18 PM.png

kazzaroni
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I attached a screenshot. I do not see an arrow where it was in the example to get to "activity"

Thank you for your assistance. Dropbox actually emailed me back and said there is no way to see activity. Which sounds like the opposite of what you are saying. So I'm lost. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the screenshot @kazzaroni, it looks as if we’re getting somewhere! 

I can see that you’re currently viewing the contents of a shared folder on the screensgrab & you should be able to track the file Activity as you’re browsing through each file you’ve currently stored in the share. At this point, it would be worth mentioning that the Activity can be found on a sliding tray that should appear on the right side of your screen once you hit the " :information: " under the :bell: icon . Kindly note that you should click on the filename, in order to get re-directed to the preview screen. 

Now, I haven’t been able to locate an open Support request on our system for the email address connected to your Community profile, however I’m wondering if it’s specific Activity that you’ve been looking for, that may not currently be available to your plan. Let me quickly re-phrase from the relevant resource that File Activity includes any time a file is:

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you briefly let me know what you’ve discussed with my colleague &/or what you’d like to achieve, so as to further advise as efficiently as possible? 

Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    kazzaroni Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?