cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Show file size

How can I see file sizes on my account?

DeNoise
New member | Level 2

The new dropox doesn't show the file size anymore, the solution I found on your forum says to go back to the old dropbox version, it doesn't make sense to switch to the old version just to see the file size, can you please simply add it to the new dropbox too?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey everyone, 

I’ve moved this discussion here, as seeing file and folder sizes on our web interface is indeed possible. Have a look here for more info. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

RetconMedia
New member | Level 2

Yes, this is ridiculous. What a simple, no-brainer feature to have removed.

Amy P.5
Helpful | Level 6

Many reasons why someone would want to see file size of an individual file or a folder. The biggest one is for selective sync. As computer hard drive space gets smaller and everything moves to the cloud this is super important.

DeNoise
New member | Level 2

Another reason, depending on your monitor size you can't always read the full file name, some are long and Dropbox doesn't show the full name. In my case I upload video files with similar name except the version number at the end, which I can't never see, so the file is very helpful to me in that particular case too.

skepticus2017
New member | Level 2

This is utterly ridiculous. Does anyone know the business reason fir making Dropbox harder to use? Is this to try and encourage people to buy paid-for storage? 

Lurkio
New member | Level 2

I love Dropbox but this omission in the new interface is unbelievable.

Please bring back the file size display ASAP.

giallopudding
New member | Level 2

This is absolutely incredible. No folder or file sizes shown? I will be discontinuing subscription for sure.

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey everyone, 

I’ve moved this discussion here, as seeing file and folder sizes on our web interface is indeed possible. Have a look here for more info. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Sanchez
Dropboxer

Hey @Graham1122, is there something that I can help you out with? :thinking:

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

pcmoan
New member | Level 2

I've looked through the information below but it does not correspond to the web-based drop-box interface I am looking at.   I am specifically interested in doing 2 things.  First is the ability to simply see the size of a file.  The second is the ablity to see how many total number of bytes are being used when I select a folder.  Both are standard activities on any computer and I'm disappointed (but perhaps not surprised ) to see that DropBox does not make these features readily available.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/sort-files 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?