Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I send requests to send me files?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Sending requests

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I send requests to send me files?

Super User
Super User

Hello, @Revscott...

As you're aware, @Jane has posted a potential answer to your question.  However, I'll post this in case you're curious how the file request feature would work for your recipients.

If you'd like to test-drive how the File Request works, please feel free to click on this File Request Feature Test link.

Please don't upload large files... just create a .txt file, enter some verbiage within it... then save it to your hard drive (or... download my text document to upload).

You can read through this forum post for more information about the File Request feature (screenshot examples included).

PLEASE NOTE:  Any abuse via uploading will result with my File Request test link getting Lost in Space 

Also, once I logout of Dropbox for the day, I may temporarily deactivate the file request test link.  I don't want to find 10,000 files in my account when I login tomorrow (I'll reactivate if needed).

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: File sharing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Revscott, thanks for taking the time to drop us a line on our Community! 

Just so as to make sure I’m following-up on your inquiry correctly, can you please clarify whether you’d like more info in regards to File Requests or a different feature? 

Thanks in advance fro this additional info & I’ll be awaiting your next message here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: How can I send requests to send me files?

Super User
Super User

Hello, @Revscott...

As you're aware, @Jane has posted a potential answer to your question.  However, I'll post this in case you're curious how the file request feature would work for your recipients.

If you'd like to test-drive how the File Request works, please feel free to click on this File Request Feature Test link.

Please don't upload large files... just create a .txt file, enter some verbiage within it... then save it to your hard drive (or... download my text document to upload).

You can read through this forum post for more information about the File Request feature (screenshot examples included).

PLEASE NOTE:  Any abuse via uploading will result with my File Request test link getting Lost in Space 

Also, once I logout of Dropbox for the day, I may temporarily deactivate the file request test link.  I don't want to find 10,000 files in my account when I login tomorrow (I'll reactivate if needed).

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?