cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share my files to only allow viewing access?

How can I share my files to only allow viewing access?

Maarten17
New member | Level 2

Hey,

I have a question. 

I want to share my dropbox files. When I share my files I just want the people to be able to view my documents but not download or edit them. 

When i share my files, i can't find the option to arrange this. Just the option to disable edits.

Is it possible to share files without the option to download them?

Thanks in advance for answering.

1 Reply 1

Re: Share dropbox

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Maarten17, I hope you're well today!

If you only want to allow viewing access to your files, have you tried using a shared link instead?

Shared links would allow the recipients view only access, and usually the ability to download the content of the link.

However, with certain plans, you have additional shared link settings such as disabling downloads. You can check out more about this here.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?