cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync from a pendrive and also have copy in the hard drive

Highlighted

How can I sync from a pendrive and also have copy in the hard drive

Explorer | Level 3

Dear all,

I need to sync a folder from a USB pendrive but also have a sync copy in my PC. I see that when I drag the folder to boxifier everything works well with dropbox site (cloud) but it only creates a shortcut to the pendrive in the PC desktop. When I tried to access the files without internet connection and without the USB pendrive the files were not available. Is it possible to also have the sync files in the PC? It means that I would have three copies that should sync at once (the USB pendrive, the PC and dropbox cloud)

Thanks

Mark

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: How can I sync from a pendrive and also have copy in the hard drive

Dropboxer

Hey @mark2020 , thanks for dropping by.

You can upload the folder directly to the website to store it online. 

To have it available on your computer though locally, you'll need to install the desktop app. 

Could you let me know if you've already running the app?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Lucil,

so far I was able to sync the folder from my pendrive to the dropbox website via Boxifier. Great tool! My question now is how to also store that folder in my computer hard drive. This means that I should have three sync folders: one in the pendrive, the second will be online- dropbox and the third one will be in the PC hard drive. I do not know how to create-sync this third folder in the hard drive. Yes, I did install the Dropbox app.

thanks

mark

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @mark2020 .

In general, any file you want to be synced across to your account should be placed in the Dropbox folder. 

You can try symlinking the files, but we'd still recommend having the original content in your Dropbox folder. 

You can find more information about it, here

As for Boxifier, I'm afraid I'm not able to offer any assistance as it's a completely separate app. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?