cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I transfer a photo album to my desktop?

How can I transfer a photo album to my desktop?

Luke S.3
New member | Level 1

I want to transfer one album of approx 400 photos to my Mac's desktop.
Can't figure out any way of doing this.
Can't drag and drop. Can't copy and paste.
The only options I'm given are to delete them, share them, or move them to another album.

I can download one photo at a time, but that would take forever.

I downloaded Dropbox to my Mac but it doesn't have the folder/album with the 400 photos I want in it.
It just has ALL my thousands of photos in ONE folder, which is ridiculous.

It's so unintuitive. Please help me with a way of getting these 400 photos onto my Mac, in one folder, without taking days doing it.

13 Replies 13

Richard S.23
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Mark and thanks to Lamis and Jennifer - I followed the advice from both of you and finally have success after several frustrating hours.

Rob M.13
New member | Level 1

Yes, kudos to Lamis. I printed out his directions, and followed them (!) It's a bit of a rigamarole, but not that tough. So I am pleased. I do wonder why DROPBOX doesn't make it easier to transfer photos to my desktop, but I do like DROPBOX: The way it displays photos and how it enables me to create an album.

But again, hats off to Lamis! 

frustrated1
Explorer | Level 4

This is totally insane.  All I want to do is download my photos from dropbox...two hours and lots of frustration later I am finding the answers only on this forum..which i appreciate...but I do not see the link or buttons and the stupid thing keeps downloading an "Unspecified" file and I do not understand how this could be so hard?  Really?  I am going to have to find another service unless this is solved.  Sorry to sound bitchy but all i wanted to do was dl some photos!

@Luke S.3 wrote:

The only options I'm given are to delete them, share them, or move them to another album.

I downloaded Dropbox to my Mac but it doesn't have the folder/album with the 400 photos I want in it.

It's so unintuitive. Please help me with a way of getting these 400 photos onto my Mac, in one folder, without taking days doing it.

@Luke S.3 wrote:

frustrated1
Explorer | Level 4

Tried the above fix and there are no three rings to click on.   I have no idea why this would be so difficult?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?