cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer a photo album to my desktop?

How can I transfer a photo album to my desktop?

Luke S.3
New member | Level 1

I want to transfer one album of approx 400 photos to my Mac's desktop.
Can't figure out any way of doing this.
Can't drag and drop. Can't copy and paste.
The only options I'm given are to delete them, share them, or move them to another album.

I can download one photo at a time, but that would take forever.

I downloaded Dropbox to my Mac but it doesn't have the folder/album with the 400 photos I want in it.
It just has ALL my thousands of photos in ONE folder, which is ridiculous.

It's so unintuitive. Please help me with a way of getting these 400 photos onto my Mac, in one folder, without taking days doing it.

13 Replies 13

Lamis K.
New member | Level 2

Hi there I am having the same problem as you and I have just posted a question too, searched for answers everywhere on the net. Have you solved this? if you can share if you resolved. Pleaaase

Lamis K.
New member | Level 2

actually i might of found a way….
Go to Album…then press on 'share' box comes up and there is bottom right 'get link' press that. Copy link and open new web browser and paste, then you will get the folder again. On the screen this 'Download' click that and the folder will be downloaded. Then you can most likely just move this to your pc/macs dropbox folders. Its gonna be a duplicate but its only way of resolving this as it seems that albums are not folders to connect and un-connect to desktop / mobile.

Karen R.33
New member | Level 1

Thank you  Lamis! worked great for me!

Elizabeth J.9
New member | Level 2

I am about to try this solution but I would not have used dropbox for my photos if I h ad known there wan't an easy way to USE the photos.  I make books of family photos by printing through a 3rd party and this makes the process even more laborious.  If anyone has a real solution, please post.

Allison p.2
New member | Level 1

i'm having teh same problem too.  i have 5000+ pictures which i am dl'ing from the cloud into dropbox files, but i need them then to dl onto my hard drive. can't seem to do this...anyone have any ideas?

Lamis K.
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone, the solution I found to my own questions.

This is what I did to get access to the photos I required.

I went into Dropbox online.

Clicked on the left column to the 'Photos' section.

In the 'Photos' folder I 'clicked' on the pictures I wanted to download to my Mac/PC etc.

So I clicked for example 10 pictures (which turns the pics border blue)

Then once I have selected all 10 pictures I went to the top right hand corner of screen to the '3 little circles tab' , click on this and choose 'Add to Album' and you have an option to 'Create a New Album'

Once you have created a photo Album you will see it's link at the Left side column. Click on the Album and at the top right hand side of the picture gallery go to 'Share Album' (in blue) and click on this and you will get a pop up. On the pop up go to the bottom right side to the tab 'Get Link'

Once you click on this tab, you will get another pop up with the URL address to the link. Press 'Go to Link', once you click this you will get a new page appear. 

On the new page you will see your Album again. On this new page above the gallery there is a tab which says 'Download' click this only once. 

Once you click this, that whole album will start downloading to your Mac/PC as a whole folder of your photo album which you can now move to a folder in your Mac/PC or Folder in your Dropbox in your Mac/PC.

Note: You can delete any albums you have created in your Photo's folder on your Online Dropbox folders, by deleting an album will not delete the original picture from 'Photos'

This is the only way I have found in order to get to download the photos which have been uploaded to Dropbox.

Let me know how you get on…..

Jennifer C.13
New member | Level 1

Thank you Lamis K. That has worked for me to the point where I had the zip filed photos in my downloads folder, but I still saw no way to drag them in to my photos application. So I opened my Photos app, (I use a Mac) went to File, selected Import from the drag-down menu, selected Dropbox from the drop-down, and selected the file I wished to import from that list. Presto! it appeared in Photos as "last Import" and could be managed within that app accordingly.

Richard S.23
Explorer | Level 4

why can't Dropbox people give us an answer.....

Mark
Super User II

Because unfortunately Richard such a feature does not exist. You cannot download albums without work around like Jennifer says. And to put them into another application is something you have to manually do 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rob M.13 New member | Level 1
    Richard S.23 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
    Jennifer C.13 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?