cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Iphoto Library

How can I upload my iPhoto library?

Ron O.4
New member | Level 1

My iphoto library is 67 G. How do I get the entire library uploaded?

6 Replies 6

Claire G.10
New member | Level 1

Hey there!

You'll find your answer here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/1963

I hope this helps!

Robert N.8
New member | Level 1

Dropbox seems to only want to upload 700 or so photos, even though it says there are 16k photos for 505 events. What can I do? I downloaded the newest version per Pandrea's comment.

Robert N.8
New member | Level 1

Plus, it doesn't recognize the latest version of Apple's photo. I have to use an old library from the prior version.

Claire G.10
New member | Level 1

Hi Robert,

Indeed the iphoto importer only works with iPhoto and not the Photos app on Yosemite 😞

Are you uploading your pictures using the website or the desktop app?

Robert N.8
New member | Level 1

Pandrea, I am using the desktop app. For the time being, I'm ok using the old iPhoto file since it has the specific photos I need. But, I do need to get this figured out. Thanks for replying to my initial post so quickly.

Sidsel R.
New member | Level 1

Hi there, 

I have accidentally uploaded my entire iPhoto library to dropbox - and now I was told that it might cause me troubles (library might be converted and thus be "destroyed"). Could anybody please help me how to get it downloaded again without risking to loose any files? It contains images from my wedding and the childhood of both my children, so I will be SOOOO grateful to get them back in a good condition!

Best, 

Sidsel

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?