cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

neosmile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How could I upgrade to Dropbox Paper 2020 from the older version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @neosmile

Thank you for your interest in Paper 2020 :heart_eyes:

Currently, the Paper 2020 release is available to new users only. Our team is currently in the works of a new feature in order to build the best Paper experience for all our users. Old and new. 

You will hear more about this feature and your Paper docs will live in the Dropbox filesystem, when the development is finalised. 

What I did -because I honestly couldn't wait- is this: I created a new Dropbox account and shared my old Paper docs to it. 

Notes:pushpin:
  • "Old" Paper docs shared with Paper 2020 release users will be available in their Dropbox home and will show in Recents. 
  • Paper 2020 release docs shared with Legacy users will be available on their Dropbox home, but not in Paper. 

:books:

Here is a help center article with all the information you need. 

Feel free to ask more questions. 

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

73 Replies 73

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @neosmile

Thank you for your interest in Paper 2020 :heart_eyes:

Currently, the Paper 2020 release is available to new users only. Our team is currently in the works of a new feature in order to build the best Paper experience for all our users. Old and new. 

You will hear more about this feature and your Paper docs will live in the Dropbox filesystem, when the development is finalised. 

What I did -because I honestly couldn't wait- is this: I created a new Dropbox account and shared my old Paper docs to it. 

Notes:pushpin:
  • "Old" Paper docs shared with Paper 2020 release users will be available in their Dropbox home and will show in Recents. 
  • Paper 2020 release docs shared with Legacy users will be available on their Dropbox home, but not in Paper. 

:books:

Here is a help center article with all the information you need. 

Feel free to ask more questions. 

Cheers! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

C Wu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello @Fiona,

I am having the same issue. It is very disturbing to collaborate with others who are having the 2020 version. Is there any way I can opt in to upgrade now? 

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @C Wu, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd recommend having a look at this article, which provides more relevant info on the matter. 

If you have any further questions, give us another shout. Thanks! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pamela_M
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Lusil the FAQ article links only to the main Dropbox blog, not the specific article with instructions. As the admin, I'd like to upgrade ASAP as we have outside vendors who are on 2020. This is causing confusion within the team because the contractor's Paper docs are located separately from our internal Paper docs.

Please advise as to how we can get upgraded to Paper 2020-- thanks!

P.S. Note that we're halfway through 2020, so I would have expected that the rollout would be complete by now. 😉

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Pamela_M, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Since, from what I understand, you're in a Business team, could you please contact our Support team for more info on the matter? 

If you'd like, you can let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that'll get created so that I can pass your comments along. 

Keep me posted, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Fedg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox team. 

I am using Dropbox Paper for the collaborative features which, I believe, it was designed to enable. As I invite people to a Dropbox folder, and I use Paper docs to organise information, I found that I cannot save my paper documents in the same folder, because the old version (which I have) does not allow it. This creates a lot of confusion.

Apparently, the 2020 release solves this problem: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper/paper-2020-faqs

But, strangely you have decided to roll this out to new users only. It would be extremely helpful if you could allow users to choose whether they want to upgrade (or downgrade) so everyone in the team could be on the same version.

Ideally, as a long time paying user, I'd like the option to upgrade to the 2020 release and be able to save related documents in a single Dropbox folder.

I hope this can happen very soon. Thanks for your help.

jyasskin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm working with some other people who started using Dropbox Paper after the switch to Paper 2020, but I started using it before that, so I'm still on old-Paper. I can edit Paper documents they've created, but I can't add new Paper documents next to theirs. How can I upgrade my account to Paper 2020 so I can collaborate with them? I'd be happy to export and re-import all of my documents in order to do so.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reaching out to us here @jyasskin!

I've just moved your post here, since you have a similar question to the OP here.

When you have the time, please take a look at Fiona's post here for some more info on this.

We are in the process of rolling this feature out to other users too over the coming months, but perhaps this will help if you want to start using this now.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

enevoi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a small, but really important issue.

My Dropbox account is not able to create Dropbox Paper docs within the Dropbox home, instead it is still using the old version (paper.dropbox.com) I tried with other account of a colleague and it worked on her account, but in mine it is still the same.

How can we update this. I need to migrate my docs to get a better consistent workflow with my co-workers.

Thanks!

Need more support?