cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Transfer Photos via USB "hard wired connection" not wireless? Phone to PC!

Highlighted

How do I Transfer Photos via USB "hard wired connection" not wireless? Phone to PC!

New member | Level 2

How do I Transfer Photos via a USB "hard wired connection" not wireless? I want to transfer Photos from my Android phone to my Mac Laptop. I don't want to use my dropbox online space.  Thanks so much for your help guys (and gals)!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I Transfer Photos via USB "hard wired connection" not wireless? Phone to PC!

Super User II
I'm afraid as you dont want to use your Dropbox space thats something you probably need to ask on a Android forum as any solution here will use that space.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: How do I Transfer Photos via USB "hard wired connection" not wireless? Phone to PC!

Super User II
I'm afraid as you dont want to use your Dropbox space thats something you probably need to ask on a Android forum as any solution here will use that space.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User

You may try: 

1. Installing this app in your mac - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ 
  2. Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
  3. Run the Android File Transfer app.
  4. Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files. 
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

With the rapid development of Android smart phone, people usually work an assistant software to help better manage their device.Coolmuster Android Data Backup. By running it, you can transfer photos between Android phone and computer with simple operations. In fact, as a practical backup assistant, you can backup all files on your Android phone to PC with only a few clicks. For example, if you want to copy Android images to PC, this software allows you to mark all photos on your Android smart phone with one hit, and then you can export them to computer in a batch.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

You could move pictures from computer to Google Drive.

Step 1. Go to website of Google Drive on your computer and sign in your Google account.
Step 2.Then you need to open or create a folder on your Google Drive.
Step 3. Now you can open the folder that contains the pictures you want to move and then drag them into the Google Drive folder.

The methods mentioned above are doubtlessly able to transfer photos between Android phone and computer but you can perform the moving process more effortlessly- make use of a professional assistant software. And here I want to recommend this one for all you Android users: MobiKin Assistant for Android (Windows & Mac).

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I recommend trying MacDroid. It is very convenient to work with android devices when you have a Mac OS.  Works with USB

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?