cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can others upload to my account directly?

How do I allow others to upload files directly to my Dropbox account?

DawgMob
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I want to allow a third party to upload a file once a month. 

Does this person need to be a member?

Can I give a link to the folder? Is that all I'd need to do?

Would the 3rd party be able to see everything in this folder?

Should I make a folder just for this person to upload to it 1x per month?

15 Replies 15

morgyn-britney
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm actually curious to know the same thing and don't see it answered. I've been requested to share files, but what I'm really being requested to do is to upload different folders that contain the requested files as there are hundreds of files to upload organized in folders.

Is there any way to upload folders with files inside of them through one file request, instead of uploading all of the files outside of the folders? I'm really hoping there is, but I haven't seen this option. A potential workaround would be for the requestor to create the folders we need in DropBox and send me one file request per folder, but of course that's more time-consuming and is all part of the one request...

Thanks in advance for your help!

llazarte
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Aparently you could upload folders (I didn't check it)

morgyn-britney
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Llazarte,

Do you happen to have a screenshot or link to the process to upload a folder? Whenever I access a file request and try to select a folder to upload, it just won't upload - it's not considered a valid upload file type, from what I can tell.

rickmun
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Fiona wrote:

Hey @Cinda B.

Clicking the file request link with give you the following options. 

mh81L13E.png

You can upload multiple files, from your Dropbox folders, the system allows you to select all the files with one click :8ball: you can also choose files from your computer. Even folders! :grin:

Here is all you need to know, being a receiver of a file request. 

Cheers!

Hi, I think this post is misleading. I've tested uploading from both my computer & my Dropbox account and it does not allow you to upload folders - it only allows you to select individual or multiple files within folders. If I'm mistaken, can you please provide detailed instructions/screenshots showing how entire folders can be uploaded using file request? Many thanks, Ricky

dolclarkson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can I give guests a link to dropbox to allow them to upload their photo's of my daughters wedding?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @dolclarkson,

You need file request. Such can be created here: https://www.dropbox.com/requests

Hope this helps.

Need more support?