cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I delete files from dropbox without losing them from my laptop?

How do I delete files from dropbox without losing them from my laptop?

Nodrogian
Explorer | Level 3

Somehow dropbox has tried to sync all of my files and now wants me to upgrade. I don't want to and want to delete the synced files from dropbox without losing them from my laptop.

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Nodrogian,

Seems, you unintentionally have turned on Dropbox "Computer Backup". To do what you want, should turn this feature off. Follow steps noted here. 😉

Hope this helps.

Oneten
New member | Level 2

Well, my advice is BE CAREFUL! I made two mistakes. The first was synching Dropbox with my harddrive which filled up my free storage resulting in constant requests to buy more storage. I decided to empty my Dropbox  so as to be able to use it for occasional storage but next thing I knew, all my  iTunes were deleted from my hard drive. 

I would like to use the Dropbox Rewind feature to see if I can undo this but guess what - you have to have a paid subscription to do that. I am not happy.

Nodrogian
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your advice. I have actually removed dropbox from my laptop now and I don't think I have lost anything of importance. I have found it very annoying that dropbox don't help users that have a problem. They seem very willing to try and get you to upgrade. Well they can shove that, they won't get any of my money.

Need more support?