cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I delete or remove Vault?

How do I delete or remove Vault?

joe_scotto
Helpful | Level 5

I created a Vault with a pin and am able to use it... I just don't want it.

How can I remove it from my Dropbox? It's cluttering up my file list.

47 Replies 47

Gabriel S.8
Helpful | Level 6
Likewise, would like to be able to disable/delete the vault. If a user isn’t using Vault, having a locked empty “folder” in the folder list can be a source of confusion and slow down users’ workflow — when looking for a file, they have to enter a PIN just to confirm a folder is empty and that the file didn’t inadvertently find its way into the vault. And BTW — I think it’s bad UX to invite users to try the vault feature without warning them they won't be able to disable or delete the feature once they try it. Hoping the Dropbox app doesn’t now periodically pester me to enter a PIN for a feature I’m not using.

ethanSLC
New member | Level 2

Just want to add another voice that finds this super annoying. In MacOS you can hide files via the terminal, so that helps at least on my system, but I still have this cluttering up the Dropbox web view. There definitely needs to be more/better user control over these new features. Please keep focus on your core product instead of adding a bunch of stuff that a lot of users don't need (or at least give us the ability to opt out of them). 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi all; thanks for expressing your thoughts on this.

I have good news for you as you can now delete the Vault -even after setting it up- by using the steps in the relevant Help Center article

Thanks for using Dropbox!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for your reply Walter, this looks helpful but I can't seem to see the ... as the help article describes. I think this is the right page?

Dropbox.png

Gabriel S.8
Helpful | Level 6

Glad to see this is being implemented; thank you!

As of now, I have the same issue as @charlieegan3; on the settings/general screen, I don't have the ellipsis next to "vault."

Futurix
Helpful | Level 5

I don't see it either!

Is it an "early release" thing for now?

glencandle
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter, 

You got me all excited but your solution doesn't work.  

There are no Vault settings in the general settings tab, as you mentioned...

Still can't delete the Vault from my root DB folder...

Choosing which folders to sync sees Vault as already unchecked/unsynced... 

Am I missing something??

patrickgilmour
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Walter

The support article you posted contains instructions that do not work: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/dropbox-vault 

It says I can delete the Vault like any other Dropbox folder as long as I have not set up Vault. I have not set up Vault and the folder/icon cannot be deleted like any normal folder via Finder on Mac.

Can we get an update please?

Thanks,

Patrick

vault-delete.png

ethanSLC
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Instructions don't work for me either. 

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

I've found that the ... is now showing for me. I have been able to remove Vault from my Dropbox as described above.

Need more support?