cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete or remove Vault?

How do I delete or remove Vault?

joe_scotto
Helpful | Level 5

I created a Vault with a pin and am able to use it... I just don't want it.

How can I remove it from my Dropbox? It's cluttering up my file list.

47 Replies 47

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6

For some reason this wasn't working for some of us when the help centre article was first published. It's working now.

OneAwsomeReviewer
New member | Level 2

You can't remove it, but you can use a plugin to "remove" the element from the rendered page display by deleting the ".brws-file-row-no-access" element and clicking save. The plugin I use is called "Click to Remove Element" in Chrome and it works pretty well. Btw, I also use this to remove all their advertising for Dropbox business, paper, and all other "useful innovative features" that they add to market to us. Works really well, although it doesn't actually do anything except remove it from the rendered webpage.

non-entity
Explorer | Level 4

What an absolute farce this is. Months in and you still can't make this right. Inn the great scheme of things, Dropbox is a relatively simple platform; how is it that you can try to screw is up so badly when adding what should be a basic feature. It's absurd; why am I paying you money when you can't manage the basics of providing a service...

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining us here!

As Walter mentioned here, you should be able to remove the Vault now.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Taro I.
Helpful | Level 6

Hahahaha, "This is a Dropbox feature, so you can't delete it".  A short sentence that explains everything wrong with Dropbox.

Steve Jobs was right.  Dropbox is a feature, not a product.  At least, its core function is.  To turn it into a product, Dropbox needs to keep on adding "features".  Most of these are useless to most people, but maybe enough people find some useful enough to pay for Dropbox instead of a competitor.  As for me, I really don't care what gets added as long as it doesn't get in my way, like the Vault did.

Dropbox, I pay you money for one thing: to sync my one directory across all my devices.  Please do that perfectly and otherwise shut up.

glencandle
Helpful | Level 5

Wow so much vitriol in this thread.  People need to chill, as frustrating as this issue has been there is no need to get nasty.  Leave that shiz with 2020 plz!

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the solution posted by Walter, which did not work for me the first time I tried but thanks to Daphne's post I tried again, actually worked!  The loathsome Vault folder is gone, just like that weird uncomfortable dream I had where I was quarantined to my home for most of the year and my kids couldn't go to school and... er wait, that's still happening.  Oh well, one small victory at least!

Taro I.
Helpful | Level 6
Please, no name-calling. It’s not loathsome, it’s a feature.

non-entity
Explorer | Level 4

"Should be able to" - what a joke. No. Why does this need to be so bloody complicated, and why on earth can we not just drag a folder out of the cesspit vault without the contents being deleted. Super user foucssed and quality experience, Dropbox. Not everyone is an engineer. 

kakers
Explorer | Level 3

I may have missed this answer, but is anyone losing files? Since 'joining' the vault, my files are syncing one way---- and being deleted from my hardrive. This is frightening! help

charlieegan3
Helpful | Level 6
Probs best to open a new thread.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Ilia Gildin New member | Level 2
    Kadah C. Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    miromannino Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?