cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable Sign Up pop-up when sharing links?

How do I disable Sign Up pop-up when sharing links?

lilro
Helpful | Level 6

I cannot believe that as a paid Dropbox customer, people I share links with get a giant full screen popup pushing them to sign up for Dropbox that they have to close out before they can view the link contents. This is so confusing for those who click on my shared links, not to mention tacky AF.

Where can I disable this?

This is kind of pushing me over the edge to finally cancel my Dropbox account. It's THAT infuriating. 

This is what people see on mobile when I share a link to a folder with them:

IMG_521D8CC469EE-1.png

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @lilro, thanks for posting today!

When sharing a link to a folder or file, it’s possible that this prompt might appear.

Currently, there isn’t a way to disable it completely when other users attempt to access the link. If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this possibility in the future.

However, depending on your requirements, if you get this when sharing a file, you can force the browser to render or download it automatically.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lilro
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks @Jay for the response. The forcing the browser workaround will not work for me. I need to share links to folders, not files.

I'm feeling frustrated that I have to request this as a paying customer. There should be no obnoxious upsells when I share links. Only a good user experience all the way through to the person receiving my link.

I went ahead and posted the suggestion. But shouldn't good UX be a part of Dropbox's internal process? Do I need to spell out what good UX looks like and why there shouldn't be a giant upsell blocking the contents of the link? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We do appreciate any feedback about our services, so I've made a note of your comments in our system.

The idea post is appreciated, and is the best method to forward suggestions to changes in the service to the dev team directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vanda
Helpful | Level 6

What you see when a premium dropbox customer shares a link

https://prnt.sc/ts1jlu

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vanda Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    lilro Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?