cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable automatic screenshot upload on Android?

How do I disable automatic screenshot upload on Android?

Lucas M.
New member | Level 1

I have an Android phone and I have this automatic upload of my camera folder to dropbox, but it also uploads screenshots and I don't want them! Can someone help me?

7 Replies 7

Re: How do I disable automatic screenshot upload on Android?

Lara1
Dropboxer

Hi Lucas,

If you need to disable the "Camera Upload' feature, please have a look at this help center article:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/307

Hope this helps!

Sharon h.1
New member | Level 1

I need this answer also because I never did anything to upload any screenshots (I didn't even know it was a possibility). Tonight I went to get a picture to print it, so an option was to use dropbox. I used dropbox only to discover 748 screen shots all TODAY in drop box going back to 1 AM. WHAT??? Then, there is no way to delete them. Then I could not get out of dropbox. It was horrible. HELP>

Till B.
New member | Level 1

@Gustav:

did you even read what Lucas was asking for? your article is for the desktop version. plus i think Lucas knows how to disable the foto-upload option. but his problem is, that if the function is acivated, screenshots get uploaded as well, which are NOT fotos as far as my definition of fotos is correct. i have the same problem. i think it's not possible, to load up the fotos but NOT the screenshots. this function is definitely missing. my foto-folder is spamed with screenshots, and i manually have to delete them. so please dropbox-team, change something about it 🙂

Robert S.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

... your article is for the desktop version.

It's for all supported operating systems, just select the one you want to see.

... screenshots get uploaded as well, which are NOT fotos as far as my definition...

That's a purely arbitrary distinction on your part, both are equally valid image filetypes.

Till B.
New member | Level 1

@ Robert:

my fotos are jpg my screenshots are png, anyway, its about that dropbox should recognize if my camera stores the picture, which is done by my "firmware" i guess, or if its just a screenshot taken by the "operating system", which is android. i mean if my phone stores picture which i received by whatsapp or the facebook messenger it DOES NOT get uploaded, so somehow dropbox can tell the difference, between fotos of my camera and those pictures, which ARE jpg-files by the way. let's stop this discussion here, the option to JUST upload fotos does not exist and i wrote an email to the customer service. maybe they'll try to implement something like this , maybe not

PS: i know that the way i used the words firmware and operating system are not totally correct,please dont start a discussion about that either 😉 i just tried to explain my problem as easy as possible

Stefan W.3
New member | Level 2

Like Lukas, I'd like to disable screenshot upload while maintaining the camera upload feature for actual photos I have taken with my phone. I don't need the screenshots that I take (which are stored in a separate folder) cluttering up my camera uploads.

Mark
Super User II

I am pretty certain that you cant Stefan - its either all or nothing. 

I'd suggest starting a feature requests thread for it. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?