cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable or remove capture?

How do I disable or remove capture?

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

How do I disable or remove capture? The screenshot URLs do not work for some reason. I just want to go back to the old dropbox screenshot URLs. I've uninstalled dropbox capture and unchecked/rechecked the dropbox settings in the regular dropbox app, but my screenshot URLs still use the capture domain. Those do not work, they just return a 404, every time. Additionally, they do not unfurl in slack, and other users then have to download capture to view. This is so frustrating, how do I remove it?

58 Replies 58

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thank you for your updates here, Jessica.

Can we actually reach out to you via email, so we can look into this further?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Certainly, please do.

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Also, is there not just a simple solution to go back to the old Dropbox URLs and remove Capture all together? Is that the issue? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused and concerned when I can't get a straight forward answer on that... I would like to resolve it, but if there is not solution and you're going to try to get me to stick with Capture (sounded like what the other responder was suggesting, that there is no way to get rid of Capture), I don't want to waste either of our's time. Thank you!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Jessica D.20, I have sent you a message to the email address that’s tied to your Community profile. 

When possible, please check it and reply back to me, so that we can continue working on this. 

Thanks!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

My name is Youcef. I work at Dropbox and specifically on Dropbox Capture. Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it.

We just added support back for dl=1 and raw=1 for those who have asked for it. For Slack, a Capture link should also show a preview. If it does not, could you please share the link you've used? If there are other places where you'd like the preview to show up, let me know, and I will make sure we build that as fast as possible.

For the 404 errors, Jessica, I just sent you one email to understand why it's happening. We will get that fixed too.

I will be around this thread answering all your questions and addressing feedback.

Thank you so much!

aheissenberger
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for adding back the "&raw=1" feature - I use it to embed the images in Gmail, but the new Link https://capture.dropbox.com/XXXXXXXXX?src=ss&raw=1 is a redirect which is not supported by Gmail when adding an image by URL. It works if I past the link into a browser and then use the link shown in the URL, but this is an extra step which was not needed before.

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Noted. Let me talk to the engineering team and get back to you on this. 

Jessica D.20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Youcef, 

I received an email saying my issue is now solved and my ticket was closed, however my issue is definitely not solved. None of my issue has been solved at all, you've only gathered information from me, but I'm still stuck with capture URLs that do not work at all - the URLs return a 404 and they do not unfurl in slack (or anywhere for that matter). I'm still stuck with having to go view the file on dropbox and create a shareable link from there, which as I've stated - isn't a solution for me.

Since it seems this cannot be fixed so that capture URLs work (and apparently you won't let us go back to the old dropbox URLs that did work) I'm just going to remove dropbox and go back to Google Drive (at least those unfurl for me in slack, and don't return a 404), and move on.

Good luck to everyone else!

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Jessica,

Super sorry about the confusion. Someone from the team should have let you know but could you try to take a screenshot again now? it should revert back to the old links until the bug fix is successfully deployed.

Thank you very much!

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Also Jessica, I just got back to you on the other support thread. I can call you today as well to assist you and get this sorted as soon as possible.

For the others, could you please share with me an example of a link that didn't unfurl / show preview on Slack? It should work. 

Thank you all for your patience. I will be around here answering your questions. My direct email is youcef@dropbox.com also if you need any other thing.

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Frank P E. Helpful | Level 7
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?